Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gettin' Thrifty With It


So last weekend I went with my Mom to her local Habitat For Humanity Restore. I went with some reservations wondering what I was going to walk into. I was pretty blown away at the stuff they had. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of useless "junk" but amongst that junk was thrifty finds that could be cleaned up and put into a space immediately. Here are a few of the things I found, and you know what, I am actually getting into this whole "old becoming new" theory. It's kind of....no it is really fun.


These 2 chairs caught my eye as a possible recover project. Both were $13 each. I like the legs and detail in the second pic.





















This console had a record player and stereo in it. They weren't sure if it worked or not but with a little homework and some teak oil this thing would have rocked. Last figure they gave me was $20, pretty confident I could have got them down to $10. I can't get this piece out of my mind even though I'm looking for a more sliding door with shelving option. How cool would it be to get the stereo and record player working again though.



These two chairs were perfect, clean, and ready to go. Loved them, just not sure were I would put them. For $6 each I'm definitely going back for them. Sorry Misty, I dig them too much not to have them live with us for a while.


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

L.O.V.E that console and the green chairs!!

Unknown said...

...really you love the green chairs? thanks for the help Tiff! :)

Mike said...

the are cream color. they only look green in the pic. I will buy them and show you.