Monday, February 7, 2011

Noise Pollution
























My Aunt gave me this guitar and amp that she had had for a long time but never played it, pretty cool gift in my opinion. It's a Crate practice amp but the cabinet is made from a hardwood that has a waxed finished that gives it a super cool retro look. It also came with this canvas cover which explains why the amp looks brand new. When I hooked it all up it would make a horrible crackling, static ridden noise probably from just sitting around for years. I was playing the guitar one day and looked at this lonely amp that was just stuck in a corner behind the door. I wondered how it could be used to show it off but was unsure of how to make it work. I had built a simple side table that was open underneath for the possibility of making it a modern nesting table, just never got around to adding the nesting pieces. Curiosity then set in. Maybe that table could slide over the amp and Voila!! It's like they were made for each other.


No comments: