Friday, January 21, 2011

Last Weekends Projects

We have been wanting to do away with the 10 year old honey oak that was in our kitchen for quite some time. After painting our cabinets a few years ago I finally got around to changing the handrail. Our house is a split level or split level(s) as our master bedroom is on one level. Kitchen, Ki's room, spare bedroom and bathroom is on another level. The living room and entryway on another level. The basement living room, bathroom, and office on another level. Each level had honey oak railings to accompany the stairs. I went back and forth on staining vs painting. I decided on black to match our cabinets and other decor througout the house. We are still debating on changing the spindles or I may just do some sort of paint treatment or may just leave them as they are. Next up is the floors which I am not looking forward to, but it will be nice to bring them into the present day.








That same weekend I painted the hallway and stairway the same as the rest of the living room. It was a chocolate brown color from a previous era that I was just so done with. With the help of a few nics and hand prints from my son it was a perfect time to change it. I also stumbled across a board and batten treatment for an otherwise useless hallway wall. Thank you http://www.centsationalgirl.com/ for the killer idea. It makes the hallway so much brighter and clean. Eventually I will find some hooks or knobs and hang some cool framed pics from them, but until then this is what it looks like.






Have a nice weekend and try to stay warm.






1 comment:

Tiffany said...

way cool. love all the changes!