Tuesday, May 12, 2009

" Concrete?....You mean like a driveway?.....In your home? "

For that last 4-5 years I have been working with decorative concrete, I like to call it " modern concrete elements. " Anything from countertops and desktops to candle holders to stained concrete floors, I have built and designed products in which I think have turned out nicely but could use some fine tuning. Most of the work has been done for friends and family and I have learned alot along the way. Like what works and what crumbles before your eyes after spending hours of building forms and wrestling heavy, dusty, dirty bags of concrete, throwing mixes all over my legs, spilling over onto my driveway, you get the idea.

But this love / hate relationship gets me fired up for the next project. Currently I am pouring a desktop for a clients daughter. An almost exact replica of one I built for my brother in law and his wife. This one is one foot longer which just makes it look huge and I am not looking forward to breaking this behemoth out of the mold and wrestling it onto the polishing table. I am also pouring two top caps for some brick columns at my above mentioned brother in laws house that were probably suppose to be done about 5 months ago.


Here are some images of how it is going so far as well as some other projects I have done.









3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay...our brick column caps!!

Tiffany said...

Oh, and I love the concrete top on the outdoor kitchen area! Josh said that you could build us one too...does it come with the sink, fridge, and grill?!?

Mike said...

Of course it does. It comes with whatever you guys decide to spend your money on :)