Monday, April 18, 2011

6 Bucks!!??? I Got 6 Bucks!!

Well, well, well. Here we are again, at Restore, with a fistful of dollars and a shopping list. We were visiting family this past weekend and after our Saturday morning breakfast outing decided to hit the Restore just so I could rest easy that same night about at least making an attempt to go and not worry about what I may have missed out on.

You see lately I have missed out some incredible furniture finds because in my little obscure working mind, I feel I am the only one looking for what I am looking for....Does that make sense. Let me explain. Say I was looking at a dresser to refinish and use as a media cabinet with storage and I find the perfect one. Well my brain says " Dude, don't worry, come back tomorrow after you have thought about it all night and day and pick it up." So my brain wins, I have multiple hours to mull this over and design the most awesomest media cabinet ever. There is excitement as I drive to pick it up. I am almost shaking thinking about how flipping fabulous my ideas are and how I should have my own show. As I walk through the doors I laugh quietly at the people that have no clue at how awesome I am and as I turn the corner I ..........wait, wait, oh they must have just moved it. I make my way around to the other isle feeling a teensy bit of anxiety......where the hell is it. I start quietly freaking out and frantically walk around the whole store until I run into a sales clerk and grab him by the collar and yell "WHERE IN THE HELL IS THAT DRESSER THAT WAS HERE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!" "SOLD!!" "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOLD, NO ONE WOULD PAY FOR THAT PIECE OF"........Ok it didn't quite go like that, but what I am trying to say is that it's depressing and a huge let down to miss a great deal on a great piece because of procrastination. Apparently I am not the only design star out there with great ideas or tastes, weird huh.

Well Saturday morning it didn't get the best of me. For you see I had some cash, I had a mission, and now I have an unbelievable chair for 6 bucks! It will get cleaned up and reupholstered and it will be loved by the many eyes that see it. give me a few weeks and it will be new again, be patient until then.

Here is Ki enjoying his donut in my new chair, funny thing is out of all those chairs this is the one he picked to enjoy a nice glazed donut in. I'm either brainwashing him or the kid has taste.






And a few more before pics.





1 comment: