Friday, March 11, 2011

Orange You Glad You Stopped By?

So one of my new favorite stops is our local Restore, the Habitat For Humanity store that sells used and new donated home goods. I stopped by last Monday and saw these stacks of chairs and pretty much decided right then and there I needed them. As I always do, I left empty handed to think about these chairs for a few days and let it bother me that I didn't just buy them on the spot. I went back yesterday and grabbed up two orange ones to clean up and put into the decor rotation that is happening in our house at the moment.

Here is what they looked like in a dusty, cluttered warehouse setting.


And here is how they turned out in their new home. They were so happy to be cleaned up and magic erasered and steel wooled and polished, you can actually see the curve of the smile in the seat. The actual legs are little rougher than I like so I may end up spray painting them a bronze or metallic color of some sort, but for now they are happy and so am I. 














P.S. I also came home with something else that I plan on working on this weekend. If all goes as planned you will be able to peep it here next week.  


No comments: