Tuesday, December 7, 2010

ONE LIKES TO BELIEVE IN THE FREEDOM OF MUSIC



I DVR'd the RUSH documentary "Beyond The Lighted Stage" last week. I had time to sit and watch it Saturday night and enjoyed the hell out of it. It basically started like any other music documentary and progressed through the years, but the way the story was told is what made it interesting. They have influenced so many artists from Vinnie Paul (who is/was the drummer for one of the most progressive/known metal bands to date). To Gene Simmons ( KISS anyone, anyone ). To Trent Reznor ( Industrial modern sound pioneer of Nine Inch Nails ). The list goes on and on and across so many types of music.

One of the chapters towards the end of the show was how so many generations are fans and followers of this group. Most of the ones that were there from the beginning are now doctors, lawyers, parents, grandparents, etc. They have passed the music on to the next generation and that generation on to the next. I know for a fact I am not afraid to play them in front of my son and hopefully one day he can share an evening of RUSH and become the super fan that I have become. If not I will continue to geek out quietly, under the radar, by myself until the next time I get to share the live experience with the other 20 million world wide geeks. Until then, " Begin The Day With A Friendly Voice......."

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

do you think that they will all be around long enough to do another tour :)

Mike said...

oh yeah they will be!! and i'm taking ki and jaxon to rock with me.