Monday, April 23, 2012

Urban Gardening

Yesterday we went and picked out some flowers for the yard and flower pots to get ready for spring. Ki ran across this strawberry plant and instantly went nuts over it. He asked if he could buy a small pot to plant it in, but like normal I seem to take it to the next level. I didn't take it too overboard though, just a little bigger than a small flower pot. I basically used cedar fence pickets and built a basic box and lined the bottom and edges with plastic. I thought it would be fun to make this little project truly his so I put his name and the year it was established on the box as well. He helped with the whole thing and already ate one strawberry from the plant (he made sure he found a plant with an already ripe strawberry on it)

This will be his little project so we'll get to see if he gets to enjoy the fruits of his labor.....get it, fruits of his labor, because strawberries are......nevermind. I'll keep you up to date.








No comments: