Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Midnight Hour Is Close At Hand


The Halloween bug has finally hit our house. Me and Ki decorated the other night....well more like I put stuff where he told me too. My niece and nephew visited a few weeks ago and I had the kids make these styrofoam and cheesecloth ghosts. I got the idea by walking past a Pottery Barn store and peeking in and saying "Are you freaking kidding me, I can make those!" They look cool when there is a light breeze and almost dark....MUUUAAAAAHHHHHHHAAHHHH!!! (evil laugh) The skeleton and spider are leftover from last year but the spider webs are a new addition and kind of fun to work with. Trick or Treaters beware, this is one scary house.









Last weekend we hit up the pumpkin patch. My wife's cousin and her husband own a ton of land in the river bottoms just outside of Jefferson City. A few years ago they started a pumpkin patch fully equipped with a corn maze, hay rides, livestock, sugary snacks, the list goes on and on. It has become a very successful adventure and they do a great job at keeping everything in order and running smoothly. We went out and cut our own pumpkins and loaded up the wagon and hauled these bad boys back home to KC. Thanks Kim and Jay @ Fischer Farms Pumpkin Patch. You guys are rocking it and it's a great vibe.

This year we decided to just paint the pumpkins instead of carving and I think they turned out pretty cool.
***EGO BOOST ALERT**** I did my annual haunted house painting...but seriously look at how cool Ki's pumpkins turned out.










2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm super jealous of your painting skills!! Love the ghosts and all your pics!!!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE Ki's pumpkin! Love the pics of the ghosts too.